Return to Duties
The Return to Duties eDoc, includes returning to active employment status from the following types of leave: Unpaid or Paid Leave, Short Work Break or Suspension. This includes if you are needing to change the TYPE of leave an employee is on.
Click Return to Duties from the HRMS Portal page.
Return to Duties Document Lookup
- Enter the University ID, click Search, and records that meet the search criteria will appear.
- Click on the Return to Duties link in the Actions column and the effective date section will appear. Enter the effective date that the employee will return to work. The effective date is the date on which the Return to Duties action takes effect.
NOTE: it's best to try to obtain the University ID, but if you don't have it, utilize the other available search options.
- If they are not returning from the leave due to resignation, the return effective date should be the day after last day employed. The date should match what you plan to use on the term eDoc.
- Recall from Suspension/Layoff
- Return from Leave
- Return from Work Break
Note: HRMS eDocs provide you with two columns of information. The left column shows you data for this employee’s record as it currently exists in the system. The data is copied forward to the right column with only certain field(s) editable. In this case, there is no data to be entered.
When returning to Active employment status, eDoc logic does the following:
- Blanks out Earn Code LVE.
- Sets the Earning Distribution Type back to None, since there is no longer a need to configure it.
- Blanks out Percent Distribution.
As with other employee activities documents, data on the right side that has been updated is highlighted in yellow. This not only helps you confirm the eDoc logic changes before submitting for routing, but also helps approvers note changes when they review the eDoc for approval.
- Select Continue.
Review the Earnings Section and update any funding information that needs to be changed. Many Employee Activities eDocs provide the opportunity to update funding.
Note: If you realize you need to make a change after moving to the next section of the eDoc, you can use the “Return” button to return to previous section. You can return all the way back to the Effective Date section in this manner.
- BIWEEKLY Staff on timekeeping – Add employee back into timekeeping. To do this, on the right-hand side, under Funding Type change it from “Percent” to “Timekeeping”. A new earnings section will be created. Enter the work area and voucher code and click “Add Accounting line” and fill out the accounting related fields as appropriate. If more than one account, click the “Add Accounting line” button again. The percentage field(s) should add up to 100%.
Once you’ve reviewed the entire document, select Submit to route the eDoc for approval. (Click Save to save the eDoc and return to it later. Click Cancel to cancel the eDoc and start over.) The eDoc should say “Document was successfully submitted.” Select Close at the bottom of the document. Note that the status has changed to “Enroute.”