Maintain TIME Assignment
The Maintain TIME assignment document is used to add, modify or delete an employee’s timekeeping assignment in Kuali Time. Shortly after routing a Maintain TIME Assignment eDoc the employee’s assignment will be available in the Kuali Time system. Part-Time employees can have multiple TIME assignments. Biweekly paid Support and Service staff can only have a single assignment per job.
Kuali Time is an automated 24/7 system for collecting time and attendance data for Indiana University's Part-Time and biweekly paid staff. Timesheet hours are reviewed, approved and electronically transmitted to the payroll system at the end of each biweekly pay period.
This document is also used to update the funding information for employees using the Kuali Time system. Select the Maintain Funding eDoc to maintain funding for a monthly paid employee.
Maintain TIME Assignment eDoc Process
- From the HRMS Portal, under Employee Activities eDocs, click on Maintain TIME Assignment
- Effective Date: Enter the effective date of the change (preferably the start of a pay period)
- The Action Reason and Job Data sections are not changed and will appear as collapsed.
- Earnings: The Earnings section has four required fields: Funding Type, Timekeeping Assignment, Earning and Accounting Line.
- Funding Type – The funding type defaults as: Timekeeping. Timekeeping is the only option for this eDoc.
- Timekeeping Assignment
- Work Area – If you plan to change the Work Area, select it from the lookup. If you know the Work Area, you may enter it directly into the field.
- Task – Task is optional, but may be used by your department; if so, select a Task. As with the above you may enter the Task directly into the field.
- Earning – Select a Voucher Code from the lookup. Again, you can enter the Voucher Code directly into the field.
- Accounting Line – If you need to edit the accounting Line, select an Account number from the lookup. Again, if you know the Account number you can enter it directly into the field.
Accounting Line is configured by percent. If the funding requires multiple Accounting Line entries, click on Add Accounting Line. Remember, since you can add multiple accounts, the percentage total must equal 100%; if there is only one account, just enter 100%.
Note: HRMS eDocs provide you with two columns of information. The left column shows you data for the employee’s record as it currently exists in the system. The data is copied forward to the right column with only certain editable field(s). Data on the right side that has been updated is highlighted in yellow. This not only helps you confirm any changes before submitting for routing, but also helps approvers note changes when they review the eDoc for approval.
Notes and Attachments
Add any notes that may be needed in the note text and click the Add button under Actions to save the noe.
Once you’ve reviewed the entire document, select Submit to route the eDoc for approval. (Click Save to save the eDoc and return to it later. Click Cancel to cancel the eDoc and start over.)
For additional information please refer to the IU Office of the University Controller, Payroll Section.