In Position Actions
Maintain Position Document for RTC (Reports to Change)
- Enter the Position Number, click, and records that meet the search criteria will appear. NOTE: It’s best to try to obtain the Position Number, but if you don’t have it, utilize the lookup magnifying glass.
- Click on the Maintain Position under Position eDocs
- The Effective Date of the Maintain Position will default to the current date. The Effective Date is the date on which the action reason selected takes effect. NOTE: The system will not allow the effective date to be back dated, only current or future dates are allowed.
- Action Reason: with the down arrow select Position Data Update (UPD).
- Click Continue
- Position Data: HRMS eDocs provide you with two columns of information. The left column shows you data for this position as it currently exists in the system. The data is copied forward to the right column with only certain field(s) editable. Please note data on the right side that has been updated is highlighted in yellow. This not only helps confirm any changes before submitting for routing but also helps approvers note changes when they review the eDoc for approval.
- Reports To field: Enter the position number if you know it or use the lookup, magnifying glass, to select a new position.
- Click Continue.
If you realize you need to make a change after moving to the next section of the eDoc, use the Return button to return to the previous section or all the way back to the Effective Date section.
- Notes and Attachments: You may add a note or an attachment such as a spreadsheet, PDF file or a Word document. Be sure to click on the Add Button on the far right.
- When the eDoc has been reviewed and ready, select Submit to route the eDoc for approval. The eDoc should say, “Document was successfully submitted.”.
- Now select Close at the bottom of the document. Note that the status has changed from “INITIATED” to “ENROUTE”.
- If needed the eDoc may be saved by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the eDoc. This action will move the eDoc into your action list where you can retrieve it later.
- Use the Cancel button to cancel a document you no longer need/want.
- Refrain from clicking the Close button or “X” in the upper right corner of your browser screen. These actions will leave the eDoc in INITIATED status, causing any further actions on the employee’s record to be blocked without assistance from the HRMS Support Center to cancel the eDoc.